Cork Counselling Centre Training Institute houses an extensive library consisting of almost a thousand textbooks and hundreds of journals including all core texts and a diverse range of relevant counselling literature. The material traces the development of the profession from early philosophy, through Freud and onto 21st century neuroscience, across theories, topics and counselling issues.
The Library is a welcoming place where all students on any training programmes are invited to become curious about theories, literature and research in the field of counselling and psychotherapy. It is intended that the Library would be a lively forum for students to “tolle lege” – “take and read”.
Students of Cork Counselling Centre Training Institute can access the library content via username and password. To proceed please click on library content.
Seminars in the library
- All students -foundation, diploma, degree – of Cork Counselling Centre Training Institute are welcome to the seminars in the library.
- There will be nine seminars in the course year 2017/2018
- Each seminar is presented with a different topic related to aspects of the training
- All seminars will be held on a Tuesday from 6:30pm – 8pm (see below exact dates)
- The venue is always the library in Hanover Street
- All seminars are facilitated by Joseph Enright and Thomas Glowatzki
- After each seminar, there will be a handout with relevant literature provided via e-mail to all students attending.
- Students are also encouraged to keep a personal journal throughout the seminar cycle and to give feedback to the facilitators.
|Seminar calendar 2017/2018|
|1.||3.10.17||The importance of counsellors’ ongoing personal development: How can their unresolved issues like shame and developmental trauma affect the counselling relationship?
|2||31.10. 17||Integration: Looking at counsellor’s integration from a humanistic point of view
|3.||28.11. 17||Cultural diversity: What is it? How does the counsellor’s own cultural background influence the counselling relationship?
|4.||16.1.18||Academic writing: What is the discrepancy between academia and the humanistic integrative approach?
|5.||20.2.18||Research in counselling: Do we need research in humanistic integrative counselling?
|6.||13.3.18||Self-harm: Understanding self-harm, what do we need to be aware of?
||“This is me”: What is the “this” that we call “the self”? (Dan Siegel). An existential aspect from a neurobiological point of view.
|8.||8.5.18||Psychiatric Labels: Labels become the new identity for people who have lost the identity of self – Psychiatry versus or with the Humanistic Integrative Approach
|9||12.6.18||The session that never happened: How do we deal with cancellations?|
Note: Dates and topics might be subject of change. Students will be notified via e-mail.